Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chapter 1.12


     Jaessana went to the Smuggler's Lair to talk with her boss and co-workers.  They talked and consoled her, exchanging stories from when their own children were little and the craziness that was life with a newborn.  She needed those few hours out of the house and away from the noise to center herself again.  She thought back to the words she had yelled and the accusations she had unfairly cast at Everado and knew she had to return.
     She left with promises to return when her leave was up and quickly made her way home again.


     Everado was waiting up when she made it home that night.
     "I'm sorry," Jaessana said before the door even had time to close.
     Everado stood and walked over to Jaessana.


     "I'm so sorry Everado," she began taking his hands in hers, "it was wrong of me to yell at you like that.  The girls were crying all day and I was tired and wrung out and I took it out on you.  I'm sorry for that. I'm so so-"
     "Jae hush for a moment," Everado interrupted her.  "I understand.  You didn't mean it.  You were just a exhausted.  I'm sorry I didn't know."  He turned and led her upstairs to their room.
     "Everado I didn't give you a chance," Jaessana said as she followed behind him
     "Well we have to move on from here.  So let's problem solve," he began.
     Before they could enter their room a baby began to cry.
     Jaessana groaned and put her head on Everado's shoulder.
     He kissed the top of her head, "go on, I'll take care of her."
     Before Jaessana could respond both babies began to cry.  She laughed tiredly, "I'll go with you."


     "If it's too much we could hire a nanny or a babysitter for a few hours a day.  Give you a chance to get out of the house, paint, whatever you need," Everado said as he held baby Danica while Jaessana bathed Bailey.
     "No," Jaessana said as Bailey splashed in the water, "they're so small only once.  I don't think I can give this up.  We'll have to hire a sitter soon enough when I go back to work.  I'll just have to make the memories now while I can."
     "Ok.  We can change that whenever we need to.  It's not set in stone."
     "Thank you for understanding."

                                          


     It dawned at last.  The girls birthday.  Jaessana had purchased a snow cone machine and balloons to decorate the dining room.  Everado picked up cakes the night before on his way home from work.  Family was called and the party was set.
     Dromy had her teen birthday the day before, she hadn't wanted a big party so Jaessana and Everado had a private party just for her.  Kiran had been away on a business trip but he called to speak with her and wish her a happy birthday.


     "Happy birthday sweetie," Jaessana smiled as she picked up Bailey to bring her to the party downstairs.  The baby burbled happily back at her.  Jaessana blew out the candles for her daughter as the party guests clapped and cheered.  Jaessana put her toddler down while she went to get Danica to bring her for her turn.


     Everado made it home from work in time to watch as Jaessana helped Danica blow out her candles.  He picked up Bailey as she began to fuss on the floor, holding her up so she could watch too.


     "Hungeeeeeeee."
     "Hold on Dani," Jaessana called as she picked Bailey up from the table and set her on the floor.  She crawled over to the toys as Jaessana picked her sister out of her crib.
     "Hunge, mummy."
     "Then let's get you cleaned up before I get your bottle.  Okay baby?"
     Dani pouted as Jaessana carried her over to the table for her turn.


      Dani had picked up walking and talking fairly quickly so Jaessana spent her time teaching Bay.
     "Fithie," Bay repeated.
     "That's right," Jaessana clapped, "fishies live in the water and they taste super yummy, but kelp tastes even better.  As a little mersim when you grow you'll need to eat more fishy and kelp to grow up big and strong.
     "Fithie, fithie," Bay cheered for herself.
     "Yeah, fishy," Jaessana copied her.

                                                                                                                                                  
Random.....

    Ok it's late/early as I write this the first time.  I'll go over it and review it before I publish it but for now... "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn."

    I don't do well with baby speak so it just looks funny for now.  At least to me.  Yeah so Everado and Jae have made up.  I never hired a nanny and sitters only come when they go to work.  I think only once or so.  Bailey was named first so she's the oldest child. I don't think I mentioned this before.  There was a little mix up with their birthday transitions and Bay ended up a day older than Dani.  I just age them up on the same day on future birthdays.

    So are the chapters getting longer? shorter? Too much? Yeah I'm really rambling now so I will wish any and all readers good night....

And here's a screenshot of Danica since you don't get to see her in the story as anything other than the top of a head until she's a child.  A cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment