Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chapter 1.11


     "Everado, is Jae-jae okay?" Dromy asked the next day when she found him repairing the dish washer once again.
     "Of course, why do you ask?" he answered from his position crouched in front of the machine.
     "She hasn't left your room since her doctor's appointment."
     "The doctors told her to rest.  I think you can go visit with her though, why don't you head on up."


     Jaessana looked up as the door to her room cracked open.  "Jae-jae?"
     "Come in Dromy." she finished tucking in the bed sheets.  "Can you take that side," she asked.
     "Yes." Dromy answered finishing the other side.
     Jaessana groaned as she settled back on the bed.
     "Are you sick Jae-jae?  Is that why you have to stay in bed all the time?" Dromy asked.


     "Come on," Jaessana tapped the side of the bed next to her, inviting Dromy to climb up.
     "I'm not sick," she answered rubbing her belly, "I'm going to have a baby."
     "Do all sims have to stay in bed when they're having a baby?"
     "No. Not usually.  Do you remember when I told you about my meter resetting?  And the treatment I took to fix it?"
     "Yeah.  The treatment made your legs turn scaly."
     Jaessana laughed, "That's the one, well the doctors don't know what kind of effect it will have on the baby so they want me to rest and not to do too much."
     Dromy looked down at the bedspread under her and mumbled something.
     "What," Jaessana asked.
     "So you're not gonna get sad like mummy did?" Dromy asked in a slightly louder voice.
     "Sweetie," Jaessana began hugging Dromy to her side, "Is that what happened?"
     Dromy shrugged, "I don't know.  Mummy was always sleeping.  Kiran said she was sad because daddy died, but I don't remember."
     "You wouldn't really.  Dad died before you could really get to know him, and he was always at work so you never really had the chance," Jaessana said
     "I promise you I'm not sad.  I will be okay after the baby is born.  Everyone says I'll be tired from late nights but I will not be sad like your mum," Jaessana pressed a kiss to the top of Dromy's head.  "Go get your book for school, you can read to me while Everado is at work."
     

     It was the middle of the night when Jaessana woke up.  At first she wasn't sure why she was awake.  The house was quiet, Everado was snoring slightly next to her.  Then she felt it, a twinge in her back.  A twinge that went around and centered in her belly.
     "Owowowow," she hissed sitting up, "Everado."
     "Everado," she said again shaking his shoulder, "wake up."
     Everado mumbled in his sleep as he turned over.
     "Everado," she said louder, punching his shoulder.
     "Wha," he sat up with a start, "Jae what is it."
 

     "It's time." she said grabbing her stomach.


     Several hours later Jaessana sat in the nursery rocking chair with one of her newborn daughters.  Twin girls, Bailey and Danica Drimagard, were born at the end of the winter season, just before the snow melted and Spring came.
     Jaessana smiled as the little bundle in her arms squirmed in her sleep.  The nearly quiet house would not be so quiet now.
     She looked at the little leg that had managed to kick itself out of the wrapper.  Light pink scales ran from her feet all up her leg.  Scales that were just like her sister's.  The doctors weren't sure what to make of this mutation but all the evidence they had collected from Jae said her daughters were both healthy.
     That was all that Jaessana cared about.  She kissed the top of the baby's head and continued to rock in the chair.

                                              


     Jaessana jiggled the baby in her arms, humming every lullaby she could think of, while the other baby cried in her crib.
     "Why do they cry all the time?" Dromy yelled over the crying.
     "Dromy please keep your voice down.  They're babies, Dromy, all they can do is cry.  Cry when they're hungry, cry when they're wet, when they're lonely and just because they can.   Cry, cry, cry-cry-cry."  Jaessana ran her hands through her hair.  "Dromy, please go play in the backyard for now, I'm trying to get them to sleep."
     "Okay," Dromy said before she put her blocks down and left the room.
     "What is it," Jaessana begged the crying baby in her arms, "what is it you need.  Tell me and I'll get it for you.  Please tell mummy."


     Hours later both babies were sleeping and Jaessana was finally able to return to her painting.  Everado returned home from work a short time later.  Jaessana pretended to ignore him when he came into their room to change out of his uniform.
     "How were the girls today," he asked.
     "The same as yesterday and no doubt the same as they'll be tomorrow," Jaessana grumped at him.
   

     "What's wrong with you," Everado asked, surprised by her answer.
     "What's wrong with me?  What's wrong with me," she yelled,  "what's wrong with me is while you're out playing with your team mates I'm here.  What's wrong with me is the girls cry day and night.  By the time I get one fed, cleaned and put down to sleep the other one is crying bloody murder.  What's wrong with me is that I haven't had any sleep in two days, I haven't had time to paint or even get out of the house.  I'm losing my mind and you're not here to help me."
     "That's not fair Jaessana, I'm working.  Not playing around."
     "Who cares if you're working.  I can't take it anymore," Jaessana yelled before she left the house.

                                                                                                                                                  
Random Ramblings

   Okay, so I've never really spent an extended period of time with newborns, my sisters are too close to me in age so I wouldn't remember when they were born.  Mostly.  I think I have a memory from when the youngest was born and I got to hold her, but that's about it.
   But when it comes to my sims whenever they have a baby it happens when the mom is ex-haust-ed. I mean to the point where they are crashing in the street kind of tired.  Any other players have that happen to them?  And then there is not one but two babies for Jae to take care of. So yeah I made her flip out on Everado.  I think she deserves it since she's not even leaving the house right now.

   Two baby girls, so Jae and Everado got their wishes granted.  Actually Jae had three wishes granted with their birth.  1. have first child, 2. have child with Everado, 3. have a girl.  It netted her somewhere between 8 and 13 thousand lifetime happiness points. I can't remember the exact number.  And she had at least two of these wishes since they married before University.  Yikes she is patient with me.
   So where am I going with this story.  I've got to admit I'm not really sure.  I came up with this great idea for gen 2 and now I don't know what to do cuz it messes with what I already had planned.   It makes me kind of sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment