Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chapter 1.13


     Everado was at the refrigerator getting his dinner Jaessana had saved for him when he heard the front door open.  Going around to see who was coming in at this time, he was shocked to see Dromy walking in.
     "Dromy, what are you doing coming in at this time?" Everado asked.
     "I was out with friends," she said.
     "It's eleven thirty, did Jae know you were going to be out this late."
     "Jaessana's busy with Bay and Dani, I called around 10 to ask if I could stay out later with my friends."
     "She's getting the girls ready for bed then."
     Dromy yawned before walking past and heading for the stairs.  "Yeah she's always busy with the girls lately.  Night Ev."
     "Night Dromy."



     "So Dromy came in as I was eating dinner last night."
     Jaessana looked up from her book.  "You got home after eleven didn't you.  What was she doing out so late?"
     "She said she was out with friends."
     "That late?  Surely there aren't parents that would let their kids stay out that late."



     "We let her stay out that late,"  Everado said sitting on the bed.
     "Not we, me.  I let her stay out that late because I didn't check in with her to make sure she made it home in time for curfew."
     "At least the police didn't catch her out."
     "Hah hah," Jaessana laughed sarcastically, "she got lucky that time.  She might not be so lucky next time."
     "I think she misses you Jae."
     "What do you mean?  I'm home all the time."
     "You're taking care of the girls, she doesn't have you like she did before they were born.  She use to have your undivided attention.  Now she has to share you with the girls."
     "And because of the girls she feels she can't be selfish about it," Jaessana nodded.  She flopped back onto the bed, "what should I do about it?"
     "We still have a trip to Shang Simla planned for some time in the future.  Why not get another ticket and bring her with us.  I'll go do the Adventurer thing, while you reconnect with Dromy," Everado suggested leaning over Jaessana.


     Jaessana smiled as she pulled Everado down to kiss him.  "That is brilliant," she said against his lips.
     "Glad to hear you think that," he kissed her.
                                                 
     

     They made it to Shang Simla, China a couple of days later.


     "So why are we taking this trip anyways," Dromy asked Jaessana.
     "We're taking this trip so Everado can go play at being an adventurer and explore some tombs and I can take a break from the girls and talk with you."
     "You want to talk.  With me," Dromy said as she folded her arms and leaned back in her chair.  "Why the sudden change Jaessana."
     "Dromy it's not a change.  I always want to talk with you, it's just harder to find the time since the girls were born.  Don't you want to talk with me."
     "You never have time anymore."
     "That's why we're here now.  For the next three days my time is available for you."


     By day Jaessana and Dromy explored the town, eating at the local restaurant and browsing the bookstore.


     By night her time was with Everado when he returned.
     "How was that tomb of some long dead king."
     "He was an emperor not a king.  And I found quite a few relics we can bring back to Isla Paradiso."
     "Shut up and come here," she said kissing him.


     "Well it's back to Isla Paradiso tomorrow.  What do you think about this trip.  Want to come back sometime."
     "Maybe.  I'm glad we came though.  It was fun swimming in the river, camping out last night and those fireworks."
     They started walking through the town market again before Dromy spoke again.
     "It was fun getting to spend time with you again."
     "I'm glad too.  It's been too long since we talked like this again.  We'll have to talk and do things like this when we get back home."
     "You'll be busy with the girls," Dromy said looking away.
     "Dromy, stop," Jaessana said stopping Dromy and turning her to face her.
     "Yes I will be busy with the girls but they will be children soon.  I will have more time to spend with you and we can all spend time together," she ducked down to look Dromy in the eyes, "and the girls finally won't be crying all the time then, either."
      Dromy laughed, "They really do cry all the time don't they."
      "If they don't, it certainly does seem like it."


     Jaessana pulled her into a hug, "You might not remember this but when your mum moved out with you and Kiran I made you a promise.  I promised that no matter what you are my little sister and I'll always love you."
     "I love you too Jae-jae."
     Jaessana smiled, "you haven't called me that since you were a child."
     "It's just a silly nickname.  I can stop if you want me too."
     "Don't you dare.  It's one of the best names I have.  Right up there with Jae and mummy.  I would never give up this name."
     Dromy laughed, "Ok."
                                                                                                                                                  
Random Ramblings

   So with the new babies Jae's relationship with Dromy really tanked.  She stayed out late and Everado caught her coming back in.  Dromy got a scolding, she stomped around with the 'scolded' moodlet for a couple days until I could get her to apologize and remove it.  By the time they returned from this trip Jae and Dromy were friends.  Also during this trip Jae mastered out her Painting skill.  So she achieved her lifetime wish.  All before she even grew up to an Adult. WoW. Never had that happen before.
   So this chapter was all about the trip to China.  They bought the martial arts set but no one has used it yet.  It's sitting in the family attic now along with a bed set from the previous generation.  I've started trying to turn it into a real family attic and storage space.  It's almost as big as the first story of the house so it's got quite a ways to go until it's full.


   Also I think I got the comment fixed so that I am receiving them.  I noticed that nothing came up even when I tried to post a comment so I played around with it in my settings.  So again comments please.  I want to know if any one is enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment