Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chapter 1.16


     Jaessana was in her studio working on a painting when Danica came into the room.
     "Mummy, the teacher is giving us an extra project for our world history class."
     Jaessana smiled, Dani loved her world history class and it was the only one in which she was earning A's in.  "What is the project?" she asked.
     "The school is setting up a display of relics from around the world.  She's having us bring in artifacts that represent different parts of the world.  Most of the kids are bringing in rocks and bugs from Isla Paradiso but Robby is bringing in some rocks that came with them from Aurora Skies.  I want to bring in relics from China which is the only place the display is missing."
     "Sounds like a great project.  I think your dad has some relics from our trip to China when you were little."


     "But mummy that's cheating.  It's supposed to be things we found for the display."
     Jaessana raised a brow at her daughter's argument.  "Are you saying you want to go to China just to get some relics for this extra project?"
     "Of course.  You want me to do my own work and put in my own effort in school don't you?"
     Jaessana shook her head.  Logic, she was beaten by logic she couldn't argue against since it was about her child's education.  "I'll talk to your dad about this and we'll see if another trip is in the budget for now."
     

     "Thank you mummy," Dani exclaimed giving her mother a hug before running out of the studio.
     "I said we'll talk. Not we're going," she yelled after the girl.
                                                       
     

      "Pancakes with chopsticks." Dani said looking at her sister eating the breakfast food.
      "When in China do as the Chinasims do," Bailey replied.
      "It's not that bad," Everado added, "you get used to it."
      "You're the one that wanted to come here Dani," Jaessana said.
      "Yeah but I didn't think we would be eating pancakes with chopsticks," she said.


      While Everado went about exploring the various tombs in the region Jaessana accompanied the girls on a quest around the city of Shang SimLa to find precious stones and bugs indigenous to the area for the school display.  They ended the day at the local orchard where they planned to meet up with Everado when he finished his tomb raiding.
      Jaessana took advantage of the open access to harvest more fruits to take home for Everado to grow in their prospering garden.



     Danica and Bailey played tag and rock-paper-scissors while they waited and their mother worked.  It grew dark before Everado joined them.


     "You guys should have gone back to the base camp without me," Everado said.
     Jaessana smiled, "The girls were fine playing and it's not that late out.  It just gets darker here a little faster than at home."
     "Well let's get those girls corraled and home to bed," he said.
     Everado turned and cupping his hands to his mouth called, "Girls let's go."
     Dani and Bay turned at their father's call and together ran over to their mum and dad.
     "This is the best trip ever," Dani enthused on the walk back.
     "I'm glad you like it kiddo," Everado said ruffling her hair.
   


     Dani squeaked and tried to push her father's hand away before running ahead.  Everado just laughed and ran after her.
     Jaessana and Bay smiled at each other over the pairs familiar antics.  While Bay loved horses it was definitely Dani who was the tomboy of the pair.

                                                                                                                                                  
Random Ramblings

   So this chapter is meant to be short but sweet.  Maybe a little bit of a filler that adds a little bit to the family story line.  I haven't done too much playing recently.  I started school and that has cut in to my free time *cries* but I have some screenshots still.  I write these posts prior to publishing them.  I'm trying to keep three or four ahead of my published posts so that I have that little bit of a window to play and collect screenshots in.  If I can't I might slow down my publishing to once a week.  Well that's a future concern.
   And since I have no further rambles I'm going on to my next post......


No comments:

Post a Comment