Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chapter 1.10


     It was late when the phone rang.
     "Hey Kiran, how are you?" Jaessana answered it.
     "Jae?"
     Jaesanna stopped, concerned by the pain in Kiran's voice.  "What is it?  Talk to me Kiran."
     "It's mum."

                                      


     It's mum.  The words kept going round and round in her head.  She smiled as Dromy arrived at the house the next day.
     "What's wrong?  Is Persephone there? Let me talk to her."
     "She's in the hospital Jae.  She," he stopped, choking on a sob, "she tried to kill herself."
     "Where are you Kiran?  Is Dromy alright?"
     That night was horrible as she talked to doctors, to police, to social workers and even more doctors.  Trying to calm Kiran and comfort Dromy.  Everado was her rock, keeping her grounded while the world was in chaos.
     Persephone had fallen apart after Alfans' death.  Kiran had done his best to take care of her and Dromy but she fell deeper and deeper into her depression until she could no longer function.  It was decided that Kiran who was now an adult would go on to University and Dromy would live with Jaessana and Everado.
 
     "Hey kiddo, how was the trip?"
     "Alright, I suppose."
     "Hey Dromy, welcome home," Everado said as he came out to meet her with Jaessana.
     "Thanks Everado."


     "How was your first day of school?" Jaessana asked as she helped Dromy with her homework.
     "It was good.  I met some new friends."
     "That's great.  That will be the sitter," she said standing up to answer the door, "my appointments coming up so I have to go now.  Everado will be back in two hours, there are some sandwiches in the fridge when you get hungry and I'll make dinner when I get back."
     "Ok Jae-jae, I'll see you when you get back."
     "Be good," Jaessana kissed the top of her head as she left.


     Jaessana arrived at El Hospital for her appointment with her doctor.  She left an hour later shocked and a bit scared.


     "How did the appointment go?" Everado smiled as he asked.
     Jaessana looked at him a little hesitant to talk.  "I-I'm not pregnant," she stuttered out.  "I-I-"
     Everado leaned forward and gripped her hand," breathe Jae.  Take a breath and hold it."
     Jaessana followed his advise and stopped for a moment.  As she held it she gripped his hand harder.
     "Something happened during our term at University.  My time meter, it changed, morphed, it," she struggled to find the words to explain it, "my time meter reset itself. I'm at the beginning of my Young Adult stage."
     "How," Everado began shocked.
     "The doctors don't know.  It's something that sometimes happens, they don't know how or why."
     They sat in silence for a time, Everado trying to process what she said, Jaessana trying to see if this changed how Everado saw her.
     "There are experimental treatments to fix this," she began.
     "No Jae, you know how bad such treatments are.  They don't usually work and sometime's they make it worse."
     "Everado, if I do nothing you will die before I even become an elder this way."
     "No. Jae promise me," he shook her hand, "promise me you won't try any such treatments."
     "I can't promise that. I have to try."


     The third day of treatment and Jaesanna felt some effect change in her.  Once the blue light faded and she floated back to the ground Jaessana looked at the changes to her body.  She blinked, then blinked again.  There are scales on my legs.  She touched the limb to test if what she was seeing was really there.  There are purple scales on my legs.


     The treatment didn't have the effect she had hoped, her time meter was still at the beginning of Young Adulthood but it also did not have the negative effects that they had feared.  It had unintended side effects though as she had been changed into a mersim.  It meant she spent a lot of time in the water and she had to make regular trips to the ocean to maintain a healthy tail, but she still lived a normal life.  She worked, she helped Dromy with homework, and Everado and she began to make plans to have children.

                                        

   
     "Everado, you there?" Jaessana called downstairs after hearing the front door open.
     "Yeah I'm going to the kitchen.  I missed my meal break at work."
     Jaessana met him in the kitchen as he made his way to the refrigerator.
     "I have news Everado," Jaessana said.  She felt the smile stretching her mouth like a court fool but she couldn't help it.
     "What is it," Everado asked as he opened the fridge to look at what was offered inside.
     "Well we'll be hearing, little steps in about a week."
     Everado turned to look at her.  "Are you saying.." he trailed off.
     Jaessana nodded.  "Yep, I'm pregnant."

     Everado let out a loud whoop as he swooped Jaessana up into his arms and kissed her soundly.
     "A baby.  Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
     "The doctors couldn't tell.  Do you want one or the other." she asked.
     "Either, as long as they're healthy."
     "You really don't have a preference, a secret wish?" she wheedled him.
     He laughed, "well if you're taking orders Mrs. Drimagard, a little girl just like you sounds just about perfect to me."
     "I'll see what I can do," she chuckled, kissing his cheek.

                                                                                                                                                  Random Ramblings (with my own theme song-think Rugrats intro music)

Ok so Chapter 10.  Wow I wasn't really sure I could reach it, but I did. Yay me.  Next goal 25.  Yeah so that's two surprises and kids on the way like I said last chapters ramble.  I used Lifetime Happiness points to purchase the mermaidic kelp (the treatment in my story)  to see what it would be like to play a mermaid.  It's ok. like I mentioned in the story a lot of time spent in the water.  I've noticed I don't really go out into the sims community and that's just how I play.  My sims spend all their time at the school, jobs and home so maybe this will be another reason to get out.  

 That's my goal for the next generation.  To spend less time at home....yeah, we'll see if that happens :( Crazy person sitting in front of the computer.  Shh, don't look.

Yeah, both Jae and Ev wished for a little girl for this pregnancy.  I didn't use any game cheats (apples/watermelons) to influence the gender of the baby. You'll see if it's a boy or girl next post.  I brought Dromy home because she was so cute when I shot the scenes for the wedding that I wanted her home.  So here she is.  She won't really be featured much.  There was so much going on with the new baby that she doesn't get much attention, but that lends itself so well to a story line that we'll see if I go there.*evil grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment