Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chapter 1.1


     This is the Drimagard house.  It's on a quaint little chain of islands called Isla Paradiso.   I've lived here all my life.  Not much has changed since my dad, Pops, Nana and I moved in.  Dad added parking in front of the house and left the glowing future door open.  At first I only had a crib in the nursery and that was fine, I was a toddler after all, but we fixed up the bedrooms once I aged up to a child.

 

      That's me. My name is Jaessana Drimagard, but Pops always called me his Jaybird.  I'm a two day Young Adult.  If you can't tell from the picture I like to paint.  I'm actually registered at City Hall as a self-employed painter.  Dad had hoped I would follow him into the medical field.  Make it the "family business" ya know?


     That's my dad, Alfans Drimagard.
     What with a name like Jaessana did you expect him to be called John? or Joe?   He's a doctor at El Hospital, though he's not yet at the top of his field, he's fighting everyday to get there.  He's only got two more promotions left before he is recognized as the best.


     Both Pops, my grandfather, and Nana, my grandmother, have passed away.
     The urn in the middle was Tiger Cat.  We adopted him after we moved here.  His mate Cleo Cat was adopted later and the two of them had Cinnamon Cat.  Can you guess who is who?


     Cleo is the one on the left and Cinnamon is on the right.  Did you get it right?
     Cinnamon has her dad's coloring but her mom's looks.  I mean it, she really looks like her mom.


     This is my step-mom Persephone Drimagard and my brother, Kiran, and sister, Andromeda.  Persephone moved in and married my dad just before I grew up to Child.  She's the only mom I've ever known but I still don't call her mom.  We're not close like that.
     My dad was younger than Persephone once but he had an accident while traveling to the future.  He went too close to his Adult birthday.  He had a birthday in the future then, when he came back, he aged up again and became an Elder.
     It kinda sucks that we won't have him with us for as long as we should have, but that's Sim life.  I think this is the reason Dromy was born.  Persephone was kinda scared of my dad's sudden age up and trying to avoid thinking about the inevitable.  But she's still a cutie.


     This is my boyfriend Everado Ichtaca. We're childhood friends turned high school sweethearts.  He moved into my family's house after my age up to Young Adult.
     Since I won't inherit Dad wants him to take over at the hospital.  Marry into the family, take the family name and all that yada yada.
     Everado likes gardening though.  He's registered with the city as a self employed gardener.  He's not making any money with it right now since my family had no garden to speak of before he moved in, but he's happy to get dirty and start up his own garden.




                                                                                                                                                  
Random Rambling
  So this space will be reserved at the end of every chapter for my random ramblings, probably.  If you don't want to read this don't.  Feel free to move on to the next chapters (when they're available). I'm hoping to post chapter two next week. Already got screenshots just need to figure out how to write the story.

  This is just meant to be an intro chapter.  Used to introduce my main character and her family, and hopefully some of their family dynamics.  I'm gonna try to stick to interpretations of actual in game events like the acquaintance status Persephone and Jaessana have maintained for almost a full three Sim weeks.  They just don't interact with each other and my interpretation is Jaessana is a grandpas girl, she spent all her time outside of school with him and he essentially raised her as a toddler. They were pretty much best friends from day one until he passed away.  When he comes back to haunt the house they are still best friends and I try to make sure they interact at least once to maintain that status.

 I started this file with the intention just to explore the features of the new Into the Future expansion pack.  I didn't really think I would play more than a  generation or two (I can't seem to get past 1.5 generations- the founders and the first generation born in game.)

  So I'm using this blog as a motivation to keep the family going.  I'm not following any challenge rules.  I'm just having fun and coming up with a story as I go along.  If anyone who reads this (if anyone reads it) knows the Random Legacy Challenge ( and if anyone reads this I will try to figure out how to post a link to it, I think it's fun and want to try it once in my future, again past generation 1.5) they might recognize certain family structures, non-traditional careers, generational goals- if I try to follow one, or miscellaneous fun characteristics.  But this is not a Randomacy. If I use any of it it's just to keep me from getting monotanous with a couple and children every generation

  That's just too perfect and boring story-wise (and probably why I stop after a generation or two).

  This is my first attempt to blog a Sims story so hopefully screenshots and all that will get better.  Please bear with me in the meantime (if anyone is there-hello? lo? lo? lo? Echo! cho! cho! cho!)  I don't have any mods or things like that installed right now. I'm hoping to get the experience to start a couple more blogs, crosses-fingers, that might require such but not now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment