Sunday, January 12, 2014

Chapter 1.5


     "You're in here again Jae," Everado said coming into the room.  Jaessana turned to look at him over her shoulder.
     "I had this idea last night and I wanted to get it down before I forgot."
     "Last night? Did you sleep yet?" he asked.
     "Hmm?" Jaessana asked having turned back to her painting already.
     "Sleep, Jae. When was the last time you slept?"
     "I got some sleep two nights ago and a nap this morning."
     "And what about your family Jae.  Have you talked to your dad recently?"
     "My family will be here once I'm finished with this.  It's not like they're going anywhere."
   

     Little did Jaessana know but the Grim Reaper was coming to take Alfans at that very moment.


     "I should have stopped.  I should have gone and hugged him just once more."  Jaessana cried into Everado's shoulder.
     "No one could have known we would lose him today," Everado tried to comfort her.
     "We should have.  He was so old and with his lost time from traveling to the future we should have known we would lose him."
     "Don't Jae.  Don't blame yourself for this.  He knew you loved him.  That's all anyone can hope for before they go."


     Persephone and Kiran were already at the table when Jaessana got up the next morning.
     "What's wrong," she asked seeing Kiran and Persephone sitting at the table with their heads bowed.
     "Jaessana come sit down.  We need to discuss what will happen next now that your father is gone," Persephone answered.
     "I don't understand what you mean," Jaessana said doing as she was asked and sitting at the table.
     "Mom want's us to move," Kiran jumped in.
     "Move? Move where," she asked.
     "I have family in Starlight Shores.  A distant cousin but still family," Persephone said.
     "But this is home.  This is your home, and Kiran's and Dromy's.  Why do you want to move?"  Jaessana felt hurt by Persephone's words.  No they weren't blood but they were almost family.  Persephone had been here for most of her life and for all the time that Jaessana could remember living in this house Persephone was a part of those memories.  She had just lost her father now she would be losing her brother, sister, and almost-mother.
     "Jaessana," Persephone sighed, looking around the room at the pictures of their family on the walls, "Jaessana, there are too many memories here.  Too many happy memories and right now those memories hurt more than I can bear."
     "Mom that's not fair.  I have my classes here, my job and I'm even starting to make friends at the high school."
     "Life isn't fair, Kiran.  We're moving tomorrow after you get off work."


     Jaessana went up to the nursery when Dromy started to cry.
     "Hungee," Dromy cried seeing Jaessana.  "Hungee, Jae-jae".
     "I know kiddo let's get you some food," Jaessana replied picking up Dromy.
      Persephone and Kiran were still arguing in the kitchen when they made it downstairs.  Kiran was saying that as a teen he should be allowed to choose for himself if he wanted to move or not while Persephone held firm that the three of them would all be moving.


     Jaessana stopped before entering the kitchen hearing Kiran and Persephone.  Knowing that they would be leaving her Jaessana snuggled her little sister and whispered, "No matter where you go Dromy, you and Kiran will always be my little sister and brother.  I'll always love you."
     The baby happy to be snuggled said, "Wuv you doo Jae-jae."


The next night Jaessana went back to the art studio hoping she could forget how quiet the house had gotten.


                                                                                                                                                                   
Random Ramblings

  So Alfans fianally passed away.  I say finally but he didn't live much beyond his expected 90 days (I think).  The house was kind of crowded at this point with 5 sims and 4 cats left so I decided to make it simpler by moving the three "extended family" out.  Persephone initially married Alfans because I wanted a few more branches to the family tree if possible.  Hopefully Kiran and Andromeda will marry and/or have kids of their own when they are old enough.  
  Now I'm just waiting for my elderly Diddy Cat to pass away, he's maxed out his life meter and beyond.  Diddy came to the house with Everado and is mated to Cinnamon Cat they have a cute little kitten that has his daddy's two-toned eyes.  The kitten is named Papi.  He's adorable and likes to snuggle with his momma on the pet bed.  I never knew before that that action was available until it came up in Cinnamon's wish panel.  They look so cute I have them snuggling a lot.  Hopefully I'll be able to show screenshots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment