Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chapter 1.9


      It was finally the end of term.  The sim who had followed Jaessana home had been picked up by the University police for attacking another woman two days after that incident.  He was behind bars now and life had begun to return to normal for her.  And that meant finals.  Jaessana ran to the last class she would ever have to take in her long sim life prepared to fight to the metaphorical death for an A.


     Jaessana got the results of her test scores first thing in the morning a couple of days later.


      "Yes," she screamed in joy, "A.  This is awesome. This is A-mazing."


     It was graduation day at last.  All the graduates and their family guests were gathering at the University gymnasium for the  ceremony.  It was long but Jaessana was floating through on the joy of getting her degree.  Everado smiled at her as she couldn't help dancing in her seat, impatient to get her diploma.
     He took her hand in his as they sat through the mandatory speeches and congratulations from University staff.  After they walked out of the building with their fellow graduates.


     "Jae-jae!"
     Jaessana turned aroud.  "Dromy," she called seeing her sister among the crowd.
     "Where is Kiran," Jaessana asked when she reached her sister and not seeing him with Dromy.
     "He's around somewhere.  He was talking with one of the ladies about movies that are showing at the cinema tonight.  Can we go to the cinema?"
     "Why not?  I'm done with school now. No papers, no projects, no classes tomorrow.  Let's find Everado and Kiran and go to the cinema."
     "Yay," the girl cheered, jumping in joy.





     "So now what do we do," Jaessana asked Everado at lunch.
     "Your inheritance paid for school but now we have overdue bills to pay off."
     Jaessana propped her head on her fist as she toyed with the sandwich on her plate.  "There's not much left now.  I guess we can wait until I sell some paintings at the gallery."
     "I've been thinking Jae.  Since the garden isn't making any money I was going to go look in the city for a job."
     "But you love gardening Everado.  Don't give up on it yet."


     "I can still work on it in my spare time but we need more money to come in.  I don't want you to pressure yourself into spending all your time painting, trying to make enough money for the bills."
     Everado reached across the table to take her hands.
     "We are going to have a family at some point, some point soon I hope, and I don't want you to miss out on the important stuff again because of money problems."
     Jaessana flipped her hand over under his to give it a squeeze. She looked down at the table remembering when her father had died.  "I would hate to miss them too," she whispered.
     "My professor from University has a friend that works at the stadium here in Isla Paradiso.  I have an interview with the football team in two days."
     "You already made plans?" Jaessana asked surprised.
     "Yeah, I was going to wait until I found out if I got the job to tell you, but I didn't like keeping it a secret."
     "Do you want this job, Everado.  And tell me truly, not what you think I want to here."
     "Jae, I want this job.  I want to take care of you and someday our kids too."
     "Everado you already do," Jaessana smiled, "but I hope you get it."


     "I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow," Jaessana said.  She released Everado's hand as she turned back to her meal.
     "Good news?" Everado asked with a hopeful look on his face.
     "Hopefully," she said wistfully.  She continued to eat imagining the possibilities.  A little boy like Everado or a little girl like her?  First steps, first words, first dates.  So many possibilities to come.  New hopes and new dreams.


                                                                                                                                                  
Random Ramblings

   So here we go. Yeah I added in the bit about the sim going to jail, mostly cuz I wanted to tie up that thread.  Sims don't really go to jail FYI to the nonplayers.  And they graduated Yay. With honors for both so that was awesome.  I did it, I did it, I did it...  and on to the next thought... I decided to put that degree to use so Everado got a job at the stadium he started at level 4 which is neat. I don't have to work through those first three levels.  

Kids are incoming and a little surprise since I wanted to play around with the game a little.  I'm ahead in the game, the next generation are already children to me. (don't know if I already mentioned this but I'm writing old events here. old to me at least.)  

Oh yeah, my football reference.  I mean soccer as we call it here in America (that's where I'm at) I just happen to be on a Doctor Who marathon kick at the moment so it's blimey this and football that. And I just like the way it sounds. I'll prabably use mum and mummy, da for dad (tossing thoughts around here nothing is set in stone not yet at least.  Still there's always a hammer to break it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment