Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chapter 1.8


     Back at university Jaessana and Everado rented one of the houses available for their second term.  Jaessana woke up early the first day of classes to make breakfast.


     They ate quickly and rushed off to classes.  Since Jaessana only needed six more units to complete her degree she had signed up for only one class this term.  Though even one class was too much, she thought, when your classmates are snoring in your ear.


     After the lecture Jaessana waited in the hallway to speak with the professor.  "Next," he called as one of the students left his office.
     Jaessana entered the office.  "Professor, I wanted to talk about my grade."

              


     "I spoke with my professor yesterday.  In consideration of my already completed units he's going to let me do art projects outside the classroom to base my grade on," Jaessana began over breakfast.
     "So no more lectures for you?"
     "No more lectures for me," Jaessana said smugly, "instead I'll be painting here and planning protests with Chloe."
     "Chloe is back this term too."
     "Yeah," Jaessana chuckled, "she's taking the scenic route to graduation, she'll be back next term too."


     More often then not Everado came home to new tags and murals on the wall.  He'd stopped cleaning them off back at the dorms so he had to assume Jae was cleaning them before putting on new ones, though why she put new ones up anyways he wouldn't understand.


     "A protest at the student quad on Saturday, yeah, I'll help pass out posters.  No worries Chloe, see you there."


     On Saturday, Jaessana headed over to the Student Union building to begin passing out fliers.
     "There will be a protest tonight over at the Quad.  Come by when your classes get out.  We'll be protesting the unfair process by which our grades are determined."
     "Sure, we'll be there.  See you later Jaessana."
     "See you, Jae."
     Waving off two of her classmates Jaessana felt a tingle at the back of her neck.  She looked around but no one else was in the room.  Still she couldn't shake off the feeling she was being watched...


      The protest went great of course with Jaessana and Chloe planning and running the show.  Jaessana was getting ready to leave when her attention caught on one of the protesters still holding up a sign.  He was staring at her so intensely it was scary.  Hadn't she seen him before.  Probably at one of the other protests, she thought and shook off the shiver of unease that danced up her spine.
       The lights in the front room were still on when she arrived home.


     "You're still up," she said to Everado as she walked into the room.  Jaessana took off her coat and put it away.
     "Just waiting for you to get back.  It was getting pretty late," he said getting up from the couch.
     "I am such a lucky sim to have a husband like you."  She went to him and gave him a kiss.  "Since you waited up for me should I tuck you into bed?"
     "Only if I can tuck you in with me," he said against her lips before kissing her again.
     "Mmm," she hummed against his mouth, "Deal."

                                 


     For the last three nights someone would come up to the house when Everado was out with his workout group.  Jaessana never saw who it was because they left before she could get up to look, but she had heard the porch steps creak.


     Tonight Jaessana saw him.  He knocked on the front door.  What's he doing here, she asked.  She recognized the sim.  He was that sim from the protest, the one that scared her.  He knocked on the door again before looking in the window at her.  He smiled, seeing her.
     "Open the door Jae," he said, "I waited until he wasn't here, just like you wanted."
     "I don't know what you're talking about.  Go home," she said.
     "Don't be that way," he said.  He disappeared and Jaessana jumped when she heard the doorknob jiggle.
     She quickly retreated into the back bedroom, pulling out her phone as she went.  She dialed Everado's number but it went through to voice mail, she hung up and dialed again.  Again, voicemail.
     She locked the bedroom door after closing it.  Where are you Everado, I need you right now.  She quickly pulled on a robe and started to dial the police when she heard the most wonderful sound in the world.
     "What are you doing here?"
     Everado's voice was muffled from the distance but it was unmistakably his voice.


     "This isn't the time for social visits.  If I ever catch you around my home like this again.  The police will never find your remains," he threatened. 
     Facing the threat of a sim that worked out until physically fit the stalker quickly turned around and ran away.
     Jaessana ran to throw herself into Everado's arms as he walked into the house.  "I wa-wa-was s-s-so scared," she sobbed into his chest.
     "Shh," Everado hushed pulling her tight against him, "he's gone.  You'll never be hurt by him."


     Jaessana slept as close to Everado as she could get that night.


                                                                                                                                                                   
Random Ramblings

   So that blue haired creeper really did come over to the house at night, a few nights in a row.  I guess Jae chatted him up at one point in the game, gave him a protest flier I think.  He sent some of those attraction gifts the game sets up and calls her every once in a while.  It's been a couple days since I played this part and I'm way ahead of the story in game sooo...I sent Everado out to threaten him and bully him for screenshots.  And this is how random in game events become story drama...

   I just want to go out on record now and say I've never been stalked or known anyone who's been stalked, but the very idea of it is very creepy and out there and I think that came through in my writing.  I don't know did it work?

   Oh and check with your local police to see if threatening a stalker is a good idea I really don't know and don't advocate/advise for it.  I just threw that in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment