Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chapter 1.6


     "So we're here in France and you want to buy a nectar machine for home?  Why not just enjoy the nectar here?"  Jaessana asked Everado.  The two had come on holiday before they started their second term at school.  They hadn't even been here for more than two hours before they made it to the nectary.
     "I want to try making nectar at home with the plants I started in the garden Jae."
     After making arrangements for the machine to be shipped to Isla Paridiso Everado insisted on harvesting some grapes from the nectary's open garden.  While she waited for her boyfriend to finish Jaessana pulled out her camera and started taking pictures of the nectary.  She fiddled around with the different features and experimented with black and white and sepia tones on the settings.


     Once Everado finished they went back to the market.  They stopped at the cafe to eat some of the local foods.  Jaessana made a trip to the bookstore to purchase the recipes to take home so she could make them at home.


      "You know that house is pretty big," Jaessana started.


      Jaessana got down on one knee, "I don't want to go back alone.  And I don't ever want anyone to question us.  Let's get married and make it official."
     "Jae, I'm the one that's supposed to ask you to marry me," Everado said trying to smother his laughter with his hands.
     "Well you were taking too long to do it," she said standing up again.  She hit him in the shoulder, "stop laughing goofball and answer the question.  Are we gonna get married or not."
     "Alright, alright stop hitting me," he said rubbing his shoulder theatrically.  "Yes Jaessana Drimagard we're gonna get married as soon as we get home."
     "Good.  I was gonna set my poppi's ghost on your butt if you said no."
     "Don't worry Jae," he said pulling her into a hug, "I got you now and I'm never letting you go.  You're stuck with me for life."
     "I really wouldn't have it any other way," she whispered giving him a kiss.


     The rest of the trip was exploring a couple of tombs and taking photos of the countryside.
     "There's supposed to be a door here," Everado said tapping at the wall.
     "Everado, that's a wall," Jaessana said before he tripped a switch and the wall opened up.
     "You were saying," he asked smirking at her as he stepped back to let her go first.
     "Nothing, I was saying absolutely nothing." Jaessana walked past him.


     "Don't even think about it," Jaessana warned when she caught Everado looking at the tent with a thoughtful expression.
     "Don't think about what," he asked in feigned innocence.
     "We are not going to woohoo in this tomb," she said fiercely with her hands on her hips.
     "Why Jaessana Drimagard how forward of you to suggest that here."
     "I didn't," she exclaimed, "You were thinking it."
     "You were thinking it too," he said, dropping a kiss to her lips before going back into the other room.


      The last day of their trip Everado ran around doing errands for some of the locals.  Jaessana stayed at the hostel and started reading the new recipes she picked up to pass the time.


     Early one morning Everado got up and was surprised to see the ghost of Alfans wandering the hallways.  Everado waited until Jaessana's father noticed him to approach and ask him an important question.
     "I know, sir," he began, "we never really got a chance to know one another, but I want you to know I love your daughter and I want to make her happy.  I've asked her to marry me and she said yes.  Or well I guess she asked me first, but we would like to have your blessing."
     The ghost smiled and nodded before disappearing with the rising sun.

                                                                                                                      


     "Kiran, Dromy you made it. How was the trip?" Jaessana asked her little brother as they came for their first visit back to their family home.
     "Jae-jae, Jae-jae," the toddler shrieked reaching for Jaessana.
     "We made the trip fine.  Dromy slept most of the way here.  I was surprised when mom agreed we could come visit you.  I thought for sure she would say no."
     Jaessana smiled as she accepted the screaming toddler.
     "She did at first but I kept asking until she said yes.  You two are my family after all.  It's only overnight but it's good to have you home."
     "Home, home, home," Dromy sang as Jaessana carried her.
     "Just so you know Everado and I are engaged.  We're planning to get married in a couple days or so, after we tell his family and before we go back to school," Jaessana announced leading him into the house
     "Wow, that's so totally not a surprise," Kiran said, following her, "You've only been together as long as I can remember."
     "Hush-a brat, you can at least act surprised," Jaessana responded, "Have you thought any more about school?  You're gonna be a young adult soon."
     "Not really," he said but he wouldn't meet her eyes.
     "Kiran, what is it?"
     "It's nothing."

                                                                                                                                                                   
Random Ramblings.

 So I hope I left this at a cliff hanger.  I have some plans for the future.  Yes, I had Jae pop the question mostly cuz I didn't care who asked who and I wanted them to get married.  I think she was probably the portrait I was on when I decided to have the question asked.  They got engaged in France in between adventure quests.  I mostly had Everado do those, didn't really feel like working two quests simultaneously so Jae followed him around taking photo's.  I think she mastered photography during this trip or shortly after getting home.  So one skill down just have to master her painting skill, she's about 5 or 6 now I think, and she will have achieved her lifetime wish.  yeesh I wasn't sure it was possible to get one done before adult was reached but with all the time she spent at Uni and now traveling.  If you play the Randomacy rules says skilling outside the home world's not allowed, well maybe photo is but I can't remember. Anyways...since this isn't a randomacy, I don't care.  I didn't intend to, I just did. Oh, well.   I'll probably try to complete a few of those skill challenges just to keep her interesting and going.  
   Will be a wedding next chapter then back to Uni, might even get through both terms.  Off to write it now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment